OLD MODERN HANDICRAFTS JSC
Stand 1A03 – Hall 1 – Surface – INDEX
We are proud to be one of the top high quality handmade wooden ships and ship models (décor/ furniture) manufacturer & exporters in the world!
Founded in 1999 in Vietnam, Old-Modern Handicrafts (OMH) is a leading factory in manufacturing high quality wooden ship models. OMH started with popular models such as RMS Titanic and HMS Victory. As of today, OMH has built more than one thousand different models including historic tall ships, ancient boats, modern speed boats, modern cruise ships, yachts, and warships. We are widely supported around the world with our eye catching, easy to display, and affordable ship models. They are proudly displayed in many homes, offices, luxurious galleries, and museums around the world.
Besides scale models, OMH also makes wooden canoes and kayaks that looks beautiful and also performs very well on water. These boats are strip built from Canadian western red cedar and encapsulated in fiber glass. This combination is strong yet completely transparent so that the beauty of the wood will be cherished and protected for generations. Here are some products highlights that lead us to success.
1. Viking Sport Yacht L90 (cm): Our luxurious Viking Sport Cruiser is handcrafted from beautiful wood such as rosewood, mahogany, teak and along with various exotic wood. It is then painted in antique white with an outer coat of clear vanish. The hull is constructed using plank on frame method, each strip of exotic wood are carefully join together to form a smooth hull. Along with eye catching details such as the metal ladder with wooden step, tinted window in dark limo color, painted oxygen tank, painted wooden seat, colorful navigation dashboard, shiny metal steering wheel, metal horns, metal rail surrounding the cruiser, metal and wooden antennas, metal rings with center in blue surrounding the hull of ship.
2. Riva Rama L90: This is an exclusive edition of the Riva Rivarama, where the model is uniquely identified by a laser cut hull serial number. Our luxurious Riva Rivarama model is handcrafted from beautiful wood such as rosewood, mahogany, teak, and exclusively purple heart. The hull is constructed using a plank on frame method, each strip of exotic wood are carefully join together to form a smooth hull. This model is completely hand built to spec by skillful and creative master craftsmen; you will be amazed at how real it looks. The ship has a lustrous color of white and black follow with amazing details.
3. Ferrari Hydroplane Painted L60: On the morning of October 15, 1953, Achille Castoldi succeeded in smashing the 800kg class speed record with an average “flying kilometer” two-way speed of 150.49 mph on this Ferrari hydroplane. The hood and fin are painted in red. There are hundreds of tiny construction nails vividly showed on the hull. The dashboard has two tones wood panel installed with realistic look stainless steel gauges. The cockpit has a hand stitched red leather seat, a big stainless steel steering wheel, and copper pedals. Two large stainless steel exhausts are coming out from the V12 engine compartment one on each side. You can also see the shiny stainless steel ruder, prop shafts and propeller underneath the boat. The light wood trim around the boat completes the decoration of this gorgeous model. This model is secured on a large solid wood base. It’ll make a perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast, or passionate collector.
4. Dhow Boat (3 sizes L60 – L36 & Golden colored L30): For many centuries, boats that sailed on the Indian Ocean were called dhows and were distinguishable from ships that sailed on the Mediterranean or China Sea by the shape of the Dhow's triangular sails. Today you can own this unique model fully assembled in your own home or office! The Dhow is made out of stained wood with no metal or plastic pieces. It features plank on frame construction. The front bowsprit and two triangular masts are connected securely using advanced rigging and lines painstakingly knotted and fastened by hand. Each yard has an attached hand-stitched unfurled sails made of fine linen. Metal anchors and a wooden rudder are visible on the front and rear of the ship.
5. Titanic Painted with Lights L80: In May 1911, Titanic was launched, which was a heavily publicized spectacle. Unfortunately, at 11:40 pomp on the 14th April 1912, the greatest maritime disaster in history began. During that night of heroism, terror and tragedy, 705 lives were saved, 1502 lives were lost, and many legends were born. Master craftsmen handcraft these highly detailed wood models from scratch using historical photographs, drawings and original plan. They are built to scale with high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany. They are 100% hand built individually using plank-on-frame construction method and are similar to the building of actual ships. Each model requires hundreds of hours to finish and must go through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop. The model comes with beautiful LED lights both from inside and on top of the deck. It is painted in red, black, and white to represent the original colors of Titanic. You can find hundreds of intricate details on this model. All lifeboats are meticulously handcrafted from wood. All rigging are accurately built according to scale. The intricate pieces such as: the crane, anchors, stanchions, windows, ladders, steam pipes, and skylight really make this model a master piece. The model comes with an attached wood base with a brass nameplate. It’ll make a perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast, or passionate collector.
Come to our stand A103 in Hall 1 to see all of our latest and most popular products showcasing at INDEX. We are thrilled to be here and looking forward to have many new opportunities to meet and connect with other businesses. See you there!