Cosentino puts forward a stunning journey to our dreams with Dekton® Onirika11 Jan. 2023
Onirika is an immersive collection designed by award-winning interior designer Nina Magon, which combines the unique beauty of stone with Dekton®’s unmatched technology.
Cosentino Group, global leader in the production and distribution of innovative and sustainable surfaces for architecture and design, presents Dekton® Onirika, the latest collection of its leading innovative ultracompact brand surfaces. Cosentino and international interior design powerhouse, Nina Magon, have come together to create a one-of-a-kind Dekton® collection.
Inspired by marble patterns and immersive living, the stunning series showcases eight daring colours: Awake, Lucid, Somnia, Neural, Trance, Vigil, Daze and Morpheus, that represent the ethos of both brands: sustainability, forward-thinking innovations, and timeless elegance. Onirika represents a powerful journey of a detour in our dreams where boundaries between dreams and reality vanish.
- Neural combines elegance and structure to bring peace and joy, calm sensations, and an overall feeling of well being into a space. With fine, pale veins’ crossing the marbled pattern - the design creates a fascinating neural network, which teleports us into a white dream. It is best suited for bright, neutral spaces with soft textures, light colors, and wooden or metallic accents.
- Lucid displays many shades, reflections, and glints of color to create an illuminative perception of colors best combined with wood, grey and gold shades, and frosted glass.
- Morpheus, It is the name of this same Lucid tonality but in Dekton® Velvet Texture finish.
- Awake is a re-interpretation of the precious Paonazzo stone. It features thick veins of light greys, exquisite oxide terracotta, and a hint of subtle, inky blues. This iteration pairs beautifully with white, neutral tones, lightwood, and golds of any shade.
- Trance features warm fine streaks that move between oxides and fade to reddish gold, combining perfectly with reddish oak wood and darker walnut tones. Blue furniture and warm golds in pale finishing bring sleekness to this vibrant color.
- Somnia boasts captivating details of warm oxid browns and whites that merge under a grid of think lines that create a sober texture. Somnia is perfect with warm dark woods, frosted glass and textured metal surfaces such as copper.
- Vigil recreates a strong Calacatta structure with thick veins in gradients of light and dark greys, matched with a subtle touch of gold. This is a classic color that is easy to combine with warm and cold hues, wood metal, and clean concrete.
- Daze, It is the name of this same Vigil tonality but in Dekton® Velvet texture finish.
Onirika is a collection that unites the poetic and unique beauty of stones harnessed by Dekton® technology, just as those dreams where we observe and vaguely feel in control but only the deepest part of the mind truly understands. The collection is named in honour of the lavish inspiration of the two worlds conveyed in marbled colours to captivate the eyes and bring to any space a feeling that is understood but cannot explained.
“When working with product development team, we realized we’re not attempting to mimic any existing natural stone. With Dekton technology, we are able to create our own colours and structures, bringing to life something that is unique, beautiful and irreplaceable. The purpose of Onirika is to showcase the versatility of Dekton. We want all designers, architects, and people around the world to see that the product is not only a book matched worktop with a waterfall, but can also be used on walls, ceilings, facades, outdoor spaces, and more”, says Nina Magon.
About Nina Magon
Renowned for creating spectacular spaces, Nina Magon, founder and principal of the Nina Magon Studio, formerly Contour Interior Design, is a multifaceted interior designer, delivering luxurious residential, commercial, and hospitality projects, inclusive of a curated collection of lifestyle product designs. Her edgy and daring aesthetic infuses each design with her signature style by using bold elements, color, and timeless modernity.
Nina creates uniquely luxurious spaces and pieces inspired by worldly cultures, which excite the senses and deliver excellence to her discerning clientele. Nina has received accolades and global recognition from features in distinguished publications such as Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, Interior Design Magazine, The Robb Report, Wall Street Journal and many more, for her exquisite collection of work. https://ninamagon.com
About Dekton® by Cosentino
Dekton® by Cosentino is a revolutionary and innovative ultracompact surface for architecture and design. It is a sophisticated mixture of minerals made with Sinterized Particle Technology (TSP), and a unique ultra-compaction process.
Its unique set of superior technical properties, such as resistance to UV rays, scratches, stains and thermal shock, and very low water absorption, make Dekton® the perfect surface for a wide range of applications, both indoors and outdoors (facades, paving, cladding, worktops, sinks, etc.). It is manufactured in large-format slabs (up to 320 cm x 144 cm) in five different thicknesses (0.4cm, 0.8 cm, 1.2 cm, 2 cm and 3 cm).
As part of our commitment to sustainability and a circular economic model, all Dekton® colors incorporate recycled materials from the product’s own manufacturing process. In 2016, Cosentino obtained an Environmental Product Declaration for Dekton®. In 2020, Dekton® earned the Carbon Neutral product certification for its entire color portfolio, standing out as the only cradle to grave carbon neutral surface. Dekton® brand offers a 25-year warranty.